Friday, June 25, 2010

Part 1: Knocking at my Door

For a week my mind had been clouded with anticipation. The thing that I so desperately waited for had transformed me into a ghoulish creature. I became extremely irritable, lashing out at those closest to me. My fingernails suffered permanent disfigurement from the chronic biting I inflicted in my nervous state. I did not know how much longer I could last. If it did not arrive soon I feared my altered state would be too much too endure. Luckily, that Friday afternoon, my shipment arrived.

I had never seen myself so eager before. I tore open the package so violently that it would have been impossible to identify the remains as belonging to anything more than particles of dust. I could not believe that I had finally had it in my possession. The anticipation quickly turned into delirium as I poured its fuel into the body and inserted its 3 prong tail into the wall. The wait was over. My fogger had finally arrived.

The rest of the evening was a blur. My new possession had completely intoxicated me overtaking me in a fury and had reduced me to a primordial state. I had devolved into some sort of ancestral humanoid who upon discovering a monolith abandoned all natural tendencies for the madness of enlightenment.

I awoke the next afternoon completely disoriented. I moaned in agony as my head throbbed violently. I laid upon my wooden floor completely clothed with no recollection of the night before and then I heard the knocking. It was the strangest knock I had ever heard, so rhythmical and so familiar. I could not place where I heard this knock before but I knew it well. I peeled my body off the floor, clutching my head and entered a realm of vertigo. I could not see a thing except for the dense atmosphere my fogger had created the night before. The knocking sounded again. I wanted to answer it and find out who was behind that mysterious sound but I was in a labyrinth of fog. I reached out for the walls of my home but no matter far I walked I could not find them. The fog had taken over my home and forsaken me in its world. Then I heard the knocking once more.

I abandoned all of my senses and relied solely on my ears. I listened to that strange rhythmic beat and followed its origin. It became louder and louder as I came closer to the door. The source of the knock must have sensed that I was close because it began to knock in double time. I reached out my hand, feeling for anything of solid mass, and felt the cold bronze of a door handle. I swung open the door and the fog violently spilled from my home much like the water of cracked aquarium.

At first I could not see a thing and my mind was full of confusion but soon my eyes began to refocus in this new environment. My vision became filled with the image of luscious red hair. My mouth opened wide and saliva dripped from my lips. I tried to gather myself and make sense of the outside world. My visitor's tiny lips began to take unknown shapes as they uttered the words "Hello Neighbor", in a voice that I had heard before. I was regaining control of myself and my eyes zoomed out taking in the entire body of my visitor. That is when I saw my him, my new neighbor, Dave Mustaine.



To Be Continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment