Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Ritual

When the internet was still in it's infancy I belonged to a mailing list that catered to people with my apt for wickedness. We told stories of the invocations in which we had meddled and traded tapes as well. There were few us and we were spread across the continents. Prior to my joining I thought that I was alone in my devilish deeds but I soon found out that there were others.

I used to rush to the mailbox every afternoon to see If I had received any new correspondence. I would stay up late writing my stories and creating hand drawn avatars of myself. One day I opened the mail box and received a letter from a man that I had never heard of. He told me that he had discovered a new path within himself and that I could reach new diabolical heights If I would only let him show me. I did not know what to think. I had never heard of this man and when I asked the other members if they had received any form of contact from him, they all told me the same thing. They had never heard of or received any messages from the person I spoke of. I received more letters from him and shared it with the mailing list. Some were intrigued by what I shared but many called me a fraud and accused of me faking the whole correspondence. I soon received less and less contact from my sinister friends until my mail box was bare.

I had been banished, completely isolated from the group. With no where to turn I wrote to this man who shall not be named. He understood what I was going through and shared with me a similar story from his youth. However, the things he learned that caused his exile were the things in which he claimed had opened his mind. He promised me that if I let him show me his invocations that I would become more powerful than all my former friends and they would worship me. I did not know what I was getting myself into. I told him that I wanted to know, that I wanted to learn. One week later I received a package in the mail. I opened it and found the VHS that I had expected.

That tape sat on my bed for hours as I paced around my room. My mom called me for dinner but I had no appetite. I stayed locked in my room wondering what was on that tape and if I was ready for the things he described. I waited and waited, and finally at half past 2:00 I was unable to withstand the questions any longer and injected the tape. What I saw then was the most horrible ritual that eyes had ever seen. The path that this sorcery lead was so dark that I could not follow. I ejected the tape immediately and set it on fire. It burned a wretched smell, a smell that was so evil that my walls were stained green . However, no matter how many times I set it a flame their was a portion that would not catch. I have kept that short interval of video for all these years safely hidden and had not shared it with anyone. I believe that it alone, without the rest of the ritual, will pose you no threat, but I must warn you that by watching this you may bring yourself to madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment